Professionals in the meeting industry need the tools to light your own inner fire on a regular basis. This ability to understand your needs, let go of judgments and fears, and use your unique talents and gifts to serve will create the passion and fire that reduces stress and differentiates you from your competition.
In today’s world one of the most effective things you can do for your health and productivity is to reduce stress and live a focused, passionate life. Stress comes from every direction and will infect you if you don’t take back control…if you don’t have a plan.
The main components for stress reduction, energy enhancement, and overall joy are:
- Purpose- The amount of contribution we feel we are making to others, in work, and to the world in general gives our lives purpose and meaning.
- Movement- Research shows that moving the body impacts the mind far more than we ever realized.
- Connection- Our ability to build deep, meaningful relationships improves the quality of our lives exponentially.
Try these Top 5 Stress Busting Energy Producers today:
- Have a Plan- Overwhelm often constricts our mind to the point where we don’t even know where to begin. Create a list of priorities. Pick something easy that you can finish, creating momentum to get you back on track and reenergized.
- Breath and Posture- Nothing calms the body and mind like deep breathing. It brings oxygen, clarity, and a sense of calm.
- People Power- The people closest to you impact your energy and results more than you may realize. These interactions can powerfully influence your behavior. Choose wisely. Choose people who are where you want to go; people who encourage, engage and empower you.
- Ask for Help- Strong people tend to not like to ask for help. When you try to do everything, you not only hurt yourself with added stress, but you take away the gift of giving from those that care about you. Ask and graciously receive assistance.
- Change Your Scenery- When you find yourself losing energy or feeling stressed, take a walk. Head outdoors and if that’s not possible simply move to a new room or space. This can help clear negative feelings. Moving meetings are also a great way to infuse energy into your whole team.
BONUS TIP: Find the Passion- Take time to indulge in something you love. Read a great book, paint a picture, listen to your favorite music, volunteer, dance, sing, chat with a friend, daydream…whatever moves you.
The meetings industry, and life sciences in particular, is ever changing and can be filled with stress. Take responsibility for your health and well-being by concentrating on actions that will calm and focus you. Your body, your team, your clients and your attendees will thank you.
Heather Hansen O’Neill is an award-winning speaker, author, MPI WestField President and closing keynote for Pharma Forum 2018: Infuse, Invoke, and Ignite. Her passion is helping meeting professionals build stronger relationships and grow personally and professionally. Visit http://www.heatherhansenoneill.com/ for more information.